The Board of Directors
Dr Adrian Blundell-Wignall
Founder and Chair
Adrian is Anika's father
Mr Glenn Stevens
Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia
Director and Principal, Longreach Ltd
Head of Equities at BT Funds Management
Chief Economist at Citigroup Smith Barney
Prof. Philip B. Mitchell
Professor and Head, School of Psychiatry, UNSW
Human Resources Consultant
for American Express.
Danae is Anika's Sister.
Building Services Mechanical Engineer
Tate is Anika's Brother.
Corporate Relations Ambassador
The Role of the Board:
- To raise funds for a capital base to support an annual income that will be distributed for purposes of research into youth depression.
- To invest the capital in high-yielding shares, (with a couple of ethical restrictions that Anika would have insisted on), to maximize returns for a relatively low level of investment risk.
- To allocate income from the fund, once established, in the form of prizes for research in the area of adolescent depression and suicide. Medical, social and educational research will be eligible.
- To raise the profile of issues concerning youth depression through its sponsored research programs and fund raising activities.
- To produce a report to contributors on activities of the Anika Foundation each year.