Members of the Board
Founder and Chair
Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia
Former Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia
Senior Research Fellow
Black Dog Institute
Head of Equities at BT Funds Management
Senior Economist at Suncorp
Professor and Head School of Psychiatry, UNSW
Director of Human Resources APAC for American Express
Director of Engineering for CDC Data Centres
Role of the Board
- To raise funds for a capital base to support an annual income that will be distributed for purposes of research into youth depression.
- To invest the capital in high-yielding shares, (with a couple of ethical restrictions that Anika would have insisted on), to maximize returns for a relatively low level of investment risk.
- To allocate income from the fund, once established, in the form of prizes for research in the area of adolescent depression and suicide. Medical, social and educational research will be eligible.
- To raise the profile of issues concerning youth depression through its sponsored research programs and fund raising activities.
- To produce a report to contributors on activities of the Anika Foundation each year.
Honorariums for Papers, Speaking Roles, etc.
Donations from Organised Events/Conferences
The Anika Foundation, is a corporate trustee for the Anika Trust, which is an Ancillary Fund (30-B of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997).
The Trustee for The Anika Trust is an Australian Tax Office Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). It is also an income tax exempt entity.
The Board of Directors provide their services voluntarily to the foundation.
ABN: 48 961 479 647
ACN: 113 577 585